The Hertfordshire Cheetahs are looking for a a Youth Team Head Coach for the 2016 season and beyond.
The Youth Team was established in 2011 and has grown since then and now sits along side a Junior (16-19) and Flag (8-12 & 12-17) programmes. The club sees this program and all U19 programmes as an essential part of the mix for the future growth of the sport.
The Youth Head Coach is responsible for proactively driving the recruitment, scheduling, and training of the 14-16 age range.
1. To work with the club management to manage the squad in all ways including registration, admin and members subscriptions.
2. Have a duty of care to all (Players, Coaches, Supporters), at all times.
3. Plan and implement a coaching and player recruitment strategy to grow the sport within the age range.
4. To organise, schedule, and supervise practice sessions and scrimmages/pre-season games.
5. Schedule competitions with the committee within the framework of the British American Football Association.
6. To positively support and encourage those under your charge.
7. To follow the principles of heads up football.
8. To provide an update on activities at the annual general meeting on past progress, and future plans.
9. To communicate with the committee and officers of the club as and when required.
10. To co-ordinate equipment allocation with other teams when sharing training times.
11. To secure relevant safeguarding and welfare clearances as required for themselves and their coaching staff.
12. To recruit coaches and support staff from amongst the parents & ex players etc.
1. Be able to demonstrate having worked with motivated children in an organised environment.
2. Have relevant and proven coaching experience.
3. To be a minimum of BAFCA Level 1 or above certified or ideally BAFCA Level 2.
4. To be an exceptionally well organised administrator.
5. To be able to demonstrate Heads Up Football techniques in all contact scenarios.
6. To have First Aid certification and experience (desirable).
The Cheetahs are run by an elected committee who oversee the operations of the club and the individual programs. Head Coaches ultimately are answerable to the Committee on all matters.
How to apply:
All applications by email please to email@example.com with supporting statements and evidence.
Closing date & Process:
The closing date for applications is 11:59pm Thursday 24th March. Candidates must be available for phone interviews and must be able to host a 30 minute drill section week commencing 28th March. We will then conclude and appoint a coach in the beginning of April in time for the start of the season