The Cheetahs can announce today that, subject to any further information from the government and BAFA, we will be postponing all planning for the 2020 season. The Executive Committee have taken this decision in light of recent government announcements, with the view that we think it extremely unlikely that there will be any meaningful football activities permitted this year.
Alongside the costs incurred since training started in October, the club will still have some ongoing costs in order to maintain readiness for future seasons. We have taken steps to reduce these considerably. To this end, postponing season preparations now means we anticipate that all club members will be offered a 70% refund on the season.
Members who have already paid subs exceeding this amount will have three options:
- Claim a refund by contacting their team representative.
- Defer the payment, putting it towards next season.
- Donate the existing payment to the club, in order to help maintain solvency.
The Executive Committee will continue to run the club in the meantime with the support of the wider committee, preparing for the 2021 season and a safe return to football. Of course, if it does become apparent that the season will be able to progress, we will make every effort to ensure the club is ready to compete at the highest possible level.
The Executive Committee would also like it to be known that an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) can be held with the support of 20 club members, if this is a route that members would like to take.
If you have any further questions, please do ask your team representative.
Thank you for your support so far, and we appreciate your patience with the club and committee as we work through what we realise is a disappointing outcome for everyone.
Andy, Amy, Yas, Hollie, Max and Ben.